Monday 19 July 2010

Aged Yummy.

Played with these 3 lovely chaps from Huddersfield back in 1783. Loved them then. They finished their album last month. My finger is so far from the pulse I've only found out now. They stream it free from their million websites. For fucks sakes download it.

I've been bored of music for a while now. It's just so fucking boring it hurts. This is not. This is like nothing I've ever heard and I have heard a lot. It sounds like they're making it up as they go a long, but they're so clearly not. It's just amazing. I love it.

The vocals are just short rhythmic bursts of intellectual lyrics. The guitar/bass are also short bursts of tuneful and often discordant bits of twangy noise. The drums are tight and add as much to the sound as any other instrument, which is very rare nowadays.

Their album is called Pacific Reactions and it is fucking cuntingly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment